3D modeling shortens design time and also improves the communication within an organization, as well as among its suppliers and customers. PMC has vast experience in 2D to 3D Conversion in the process of transforming 2D product, factory, or building designs from a 2-dimensional drawing to a 3-dimensional model.
Converting data between different types of CAD systems requires experience with different formats, data conversion skills, and attention to detail.
2D to 3D Conversion Experts
Our engineers are highly skilled at the translation of common CAD formats into the deliverable of your needs. Whether it’s 3D Unigraphics® assembly into a 2D AutoCAD® layout, or manually converting paper layouts into 2D or 3D CAD models, PMC can provide the solution. Our capabilities also include Revit®, Inventor®, 3D AutoCAD®, NX®, Solid Edge® and more.
PMC has vast experience in providing CAD services to many industries, including architecture, manufacturing, aerospace & defense, and many others. Our many resources on-staff ensure quick turnaround of large projects.
Benefits of PMC's CAD data conversion services
- Vast experience in CAD data conversion
- Data accuracy
- Reliable and friendly service
- Fast turnaround time
Key advantages of converting from 2D to 3Da
- Accelerates design process due to ability of visualizing multiple ‘what-if’ scenarios
- Automates flattening of sheet metal parts (with bend allowance)
- Improves collaboration through visual design reviews and encourages participation of non-technical personnel such as safety, IT, Communications, Sales, etc.
- Improves designs by employing simulations
- Reduces cost of poor quality while eliminating the need for physical prototype
- Enables use of collision detection software
- Generates automatic Bills of Materials