Efficient and Seamless Jig & Fixture Design Solutions
Body in White (BIW) refers to the stage of production where sheet metal components of the vehicle are welded together in the automotive manufacturing process. To join the vehicle's main structure together, typically through robotic welding, laser brazing, MIG welding, MAG welding, spot welding, and riveting, where jigs and fixtures are likely required to ensure all components are aligned appropriately. Once the body in white manufacturing process is complete, it can then be painted and major components like the engine, chassis, and trim can be installed.
Trust the experts in Body in White jigs & fixtures. Coupled with our robotic simulation services, we provide designs that enable maximum efficiency and reliability.
BIW Manufacturing Design and Detailing Services
- Welding fixtures for complete automotive body shell
- Re-spot and Geo Station Design
- Designing of prototype and series production welding fixtures
- Side body framing station
- Checking and Setting fixtures
- Hemming fixtures
- Weld Gun foul analysis
- Robotic Grippers
- 3D Concept designing, 2D drafting, detailing, and bill of material generating
- Simple equipment for assembly purposes and equipment for process confirmation
- Shuttle system and conveyors
Related Service: Robotics Simulation for Body in White
PMC is a leading provider of robotics simulation solutions for the automotive industry. Our services are designed to optimize the BIW process, helping manufacturers, OEMs, and suppliers reduce cycle times and increase production efficiency. Our comprehensive software solutions include robot path planning, motion analysis, collision detection, and error handling, all designed to be user-friendly and easily integrated with existing systems.
Robotics simulation optimizes jigs and fixtures used in Body in White automotive manufacturing by enabling engineers to test and refine designs before physical construction. This reduces costs and improves efficiency by identifying potential issues early on. Simulation also allows for the analysis of structural integrity, leading to more effective and innovative solutions.
Fixture Design Process
01. Requirement Gathering
Preliminary discussions with the clients team to understand the nature of their requirements to ensure that our jig and fixture designs suit their needs.
We ensure all specifications are met and followed while creating jig and fixtures designs and drafts, allowing for efficient draft reviews.
03. 3D Visualization
Using the completed 2D drafts, 3D visualization is created and reviewed with the client. This allows for detailed views of different mechanical parts and how the system will function.
04. QC Testing
Our in-depth qualitative analysis of the fixture design ensures all requirements are systematically verified before delivery. We can also provide cost estimates, fabrication details, and the bill of materials.
Once we have verified the execution of the design, the deliverables are provided using our secure FTP servers.
Advanced Process & Deliverables
- Standards & Layout
- Plant Process study
- Feasibility study
- Assembly Sequence Charts
- Datum Sheets
- Panel Build-Up
- Location & Clamp plan
- Weld spot distribution
- Weld guns selection
- Cycle time study
- Ergonomic Study
- Weld Force Study
- Weld Data Sheets
- Sealer Sheet
CAD Mechanical Design Supports Tooling for:
- Geo Fixtures
- Re-spot Fixtures
- Geo Grippers
- Handling Grippers
- Panel Deposits
- Checking fixtures.
- Buffer Storage bins and racks.
- Gripper docking stations
- Marriage stations
- Conveyor Tooling
- Main line assembly tooling.
- Arc welding fixtures
- TIG & MIG welding fixtures.
Manufacturing / Technical Drawings
- Detail & Assembly drawings
- Machining Drawings
- Generating BOM
- Unit Assembly Layout
- NC's Body positioning
- Flame cut drawings.
- Pneumatic Circuit diagram
- Technical Documentation as per OEM standards
Software & Technologies
PMC Engineering Design Advantages
- Experienced team of engineers and designers with decades of experience in the industry
- Internationally certified process
- Expertise in various global regulations and standards
- Experienced in providing comprehensive engineering services
- Large pool of talented resources
- Buffer resource to meet ad-hoc requirement
- Streamlined business operations
- Flexible timetables
- Scalable resources
- Cost-efficient strategies
- Dedicated customer service
- Excellent Data Management
- Robust Technology Governance
- Seamless Information Dissemination
- Expert Level IT Support
- Improved efficiency in back-office operations
- Ability to adjust to different client cultures
- Reduced engineering and technology costs by up to 20-30%
- Allowing in-house teams to focus on core business development
- Client can bid more orders with low engineering costs and timely deliveries
- Establish reliable and efficient partnerships
Our Expert Team
We provide our clients with top-of-the-line BIW Fixture Design and Robotic Simulation Services. Our expert engineers and designers develop fixtures optimized for maximum efficiency, accuracy, and reliability. We use advanced simulation techniques to ensure our fixtures meet exact specifications. Our robotic simulation services provide the necessary analysis to ensure our robotic systems are optimized for speed, accuracy, and safety. With our services, you can be sure your BIW Fixture & tooling Design and Robotic Simulation projects are completed on time and within budget.