Pedestrian Dynamics is a comprehensive crowd simulation software application for the creation and execution of large pedestrian simulation models in complex infrastructures such as hospitals, malls and airports. Use it to evaluate the performance and safety of the environment in every phase of the life cycle, from design to operations.
PMC provides consulting, installation, training, implementation, and support services for Pedestrian Dynamics. Contact Us today for more information or to request a quote.
Key features of Pedestrian Dynamics
- Integrated 2D & 3D pedestrian modeling and visualization
- Fast simulation runs
- Extensive set of model drawing tools
- Large crowd simulations — up to 100,000 people
- Import of industry standards (CAD, XML, CityGML and many more)
- Explicit corridor mapping
- Unique agent properties
- Easy scenario definition
- Intelligent dynamic routing
- Microscopic and mesoscopic
- Fast simulation by multithreading
- Integrated output module with automatic report generation
- Powerful people dynamics and egress simulations
- Easy movie playback and recording
Benefits of Pedestrian Dynamics Simulation Studies
- Decrease Costs: By optimizing the pedestrian flows in the infrastructure during the design phase, high additional costs can be avoided.
- Assure Regulation Compliance: Help evaluate and address regulatory compliance with local and international safety mandates and norms.
- Predict & Anticipate: Simulation models enable you to predict crowd flows and anticipate outcomes.
- Ensure Safety: Evaluate the safety of people and infrastructure in every phase of the life cycle, from design to operation.
- Optimize Evacuation: Develop, test and optimize evacuation and data-driven response plans.
- Answer “What If?”: Quickly compare alternative designs and scenarios on-the-fly.
- Improve Commerce: Increase customer satisfaction by improving pedestrian flows, experiences and comfort and identify the commercial attractiveness of locations by flow measurements.
- Present & Convince: Effectively communicate between all stakeholders in the decision making process.
- Operate Efficiently: Optimize and increase operational efficiency within the given environment and with available resources.
- White Paper: Pitfalls of Simulation Modeling and How to Avoid Them by Using a Robust Simulation Methodology
- White Paper: Proper Management Techniques are Keys to a Successful Simulation Project
- White Paper: Simulation Methodology — A Practitioner’s Perspective
- White Paper: A Uniform Methodology for Discrete-event and Robotic Simulation.
Get to know more of our services
This discipline involves evaluating multiple layout and flow scenarios to design an optimum solution that meets a space requirements, reduces material handling costs, and improves throughput.
Simulation modeling is the process of creating and analyzing a digital prototype or virtual representation of a physical model or a system to predict its performance in the real world. Simulation modeling allows proposed changes to be tested, and productivity impact analysis of these changes to be performed.
A number of Industrial Engineering methodologies fall under the umbrella of Work Measurement. These include MODAPTS, Time Study, and Predetermined Motion Time System (PMTS).