Industrial Engineering & Operations Consulting
Advanced Production Scheduling
Advanced Scheduling Solutions address the ever-changing landscape of each production environment. By identifying key objectives for each production environment, we are able to utilize a uniquely identified scheduling engine to consider the inherently complex production environment, and dynamically respond to internal and external contingencies.
- Multiple Products
- Multiple Possible Routings per Product
- Varying Cycle Times, Curing Times, Expiration Times
- Varying Setups, Teardowns, and Cleanouts
- Changing Product Mix Demand
- Changing Product Volume Demand
- Rush Orders
- Material Shortages
- Equipment Breakdowns
- Lean and/or Absent Staff
- Manage multiple routings and material flows
- Handle rush orders that jump to the front of the calendar
- Solve equipment breakdowns that push everything back
- Draft a production schedule that is more feasible
- Maximize utilization and minimize in-work process
- Hit promised delivery dates
PMC’s experienced consultants can integrate advanced scheduling software with your organization’s core enterprise applications.
- ERP systems
- Manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Demand planning systems
- OEE applications
Creating a baseline schedule with the Scheduling Software, it will interface with the ERP to inform management and sales of the intricate processes and contingencies in production.
MES / SCADA systems deliver scheduling information directly to production managers with a direct connection to the Scheduling Software as well.
Key Software Implementation Considerations
- Assembly Process Visualization
- Multi-Constraint Scheduling
- Advanced Material Handling
- Advanced Schedule Optimization
- Schedule Comparison Tables
- Multiple Report Formats
- Data Availability & Mobility
We Specialize in Two Industry Standard Software Options for Advanced Production Scheduling:
- Siemens Opcenter APS (Preactor): Advanced Scheduling
- Siemens Opcenter APS (Preactor): Advanced Planning
- Siemens Opcenter APS (Preactor): Advanced Planning and Scheduling
- Visual Planning Product Brochure
- Visual Planning Portal Brochure
- Visual Planning Mobile Brochure
- Improve Company Productivity Thanks to Planning
- 9 Pitfalls to Avoid When Conducting a Collaborative Project White Paper
- Planning & Scheduling
Get to know more of our services
This discipline involves evaluating multiple layout and flow scenarios to design an optimum solution that meets a space requirements, reduces material handling costs, and improves throughput.
Simulation modeling is the process of creating and analyzing a digital prototype or virtual representation of a physical model or a system to predict its performance in the real world. Simulation modeling allows proposed changes to be tested, and productivity impact analysis of these changes to be performed.
A number of Industrial Engineering methodologies fall under the umbrella of Work Measurement. These include MODAPTS, Time Study, and Predetermined Motion Time System (PMTS).