CLOUD ARCHITECTJanuary 24, 2023
This position is also responsible for ensuring that databases meet availability requirements and contracted service levels. The person is also responsible for managing vendor technical performance, prioritizing customer business requests, managing projects schedules and budgets.
- Develop and provide database architecture
- Provide documentation, standards, and requirements
- Ensuring that Database are installed and configured according to specifications
- Ensuring that databases are properly maintained and available
- Overseeing Vendors’ successful database monitoring, maintenance, backup/recovery and security compliance of infrastructure
- Monitor Service Provider’s end-to-end support of infrastructure services.
- Manage Service Provider overall performance & SLAs and quality in accordance with contract
- Ensure that Patch Monitoring and Deployments are performed timely and in accordance with service levels.
- Manage physical and logical backup, and restore/recovery, if used as a backup strategy.
- Manage high availability/clustering/redundancy using native tools.
- Ensure availability of infrastructure via service level management.
- Ensure security patches and configuration are adhered to company standard.
- Provide on-site support to compliment service provider’s remote management services.
- Oversee infrastructure hardware and software acquisition, installation, and changes.
- Ensure Database high availability via service level management.
- Ensure that Incident Management and upgrades are resolved.
- Identify change requests in lieu of performance improvements and cost efficiencies.
Required Skills, Attributes & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of business, computers, information systems or related degree.
- 10-12 years relevant work experience in related functional role.
- Extensive experience with RDBMS and non-relational database.
- Demonstrated experience with database administration and design
- Demonstrated ability to support infrastructure services hardware, operating system, and software platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with setup and configuration of high availability clusters and data replication.
- Experience with storage allocation through volume management
- Experience with bare-metal and hyper-converged system
- Experience with database security, such as encryption, auditing, and control
- Experience with problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Experience in managing sourcing vendors, deliverables and service delivery outcomes.
- Experience in managing SLA/service delivery metrics.
- Expertise in Database capacity management.
- Experience with Database management and tracking
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle, MS SQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Tibero
- Experience with scripting in ksh, borne shell, sql statements and stored procedures
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
PMC (Production Modeling Corporation) is a leading provider of quality, engineering, manufacturing, information technology, operations productivity, metrology, terrestrial scanning, and building information modeling solutions. PMC has been delivering solutions to clients for over 40 years and has established ourselves as an organization and company culture that embraces and encourages professional growth and development for our employees. If you are a great person looking to take your career to the next level, please give us a call.
Please contact Tom Dushaj for immediate consideration:
313-441-4460 x. 1138
|Job Category||Information Technology|