PMC's Material Handling Consulting for Streamlined Efficiency and Enhanced Profitability
Material flow simulation is a computer-based modeling and analysis technique that is used to study the flow of materials through a system or process. It is used to optimize and design the material flow inside the facility and predict and prevent bottlenecks.
Reality Capture Advantages & Benefits for Manufacturing
Increase efficiency, minimize downtime, and boost overall output
Alleviate bottlenecks in material flow
Enhance the seamless flow of materials through the system
Identify, analyze, and proactively mitigate potential risks
Deliver accurate, realistic insights into system or process performance
Define optimal routes for Shuttles, Tuggers, AGVs, and Forklifts
Material Flow Simulation Objectives
To identify optimum MHE (Material Handling Equipements) count
MHE allocation to ensure 0 Stockouts at the Lineside
Track the traffic congestion on the aisles and provide recommendations
Define the shuttle & AGV routes
Identify optimum number of truck parking locations and dock locations
Software & Technologies
Material Flow Simulation Consulting can be applied to a variety of industries, including.
Warehouse and Logistics
Food and Beverage
Why Choose PMC?
Choose PMC for customer-centric Industrial Engineering solutions. With a proven track record of over 30 completed projects, our experienced team has developed a unique and accurate methodology for tackling simulation problems comprehensively. We bring expertise in 2D and 3D simulation software, ensuring efficient visualization of material flow and proactive issue identification. Trust PMC for tailored solutions, industry diversity, and a commitment to excellence.
Related Service: Layout Optimization Consulting
Layout Optimization, determines the most efficient arrangement of space and resources. PMC evaluates multiple layout scenarios to minimize waste, enhance safety, and improve production efficiency to drive maximum ROI.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Define the scope under study
- Identify all the material movement happening in the area under scope
- Collect all the relevant data
- Map the movement of the parts on layout
- Build the simulation model
- Understand Base line results
- Perform What-If Analysis to get the best solution
- To Increase efficiency and productivity of the system.
- Reduce costs by improving the flow of materials, reducing waste, minimize storage requirements, and lower transportation costs.
- Better decision making: Material flow simulation provides a virtual representation of a facility and its material handling systems, allowing for different scenarios and process changes to be tested and evaluated in a simulated environment before being implemented in real life. This leads to better decision making and reduces the risk of failed implementations.
- To identify optimum MHE (Material Handling Equipements) count
- Provide recommendations to maintain minimum lineside inventory and ensure 0 Stockouts at the Lineside
- Track the traffic congestion on the Aisles and provide recommendations to remove the same
- Define the Shuttle & AGV Routes
- Identify the optimum number of truck parking locations and dock locations
- Material Flow Simulation can be performed for Green Field as well as Brown field facility
- For Green Field study - Simulation will help to better plan the material flow throughout the facility and help in decision making to avoid any future issues in Material Handling system
- For Brown Field, the study will help to improve the efficiency and reduce losses because of material unavailability at the lineside
- Layout with all the details for Lineside, Warehouse, Docks, Parking locations etc.
- Plan for every Parts - Detail Movement of parts from Dock to Warehouse to Lineside etc.
- MHE properties
- Consumption rate and line speed
- Planned Lineside Capacity
- Parking & Dock locations